I don't usually do these things, but I thought that in honor of my good friend Jen - who I may just do a little expose' on in the future!* - I'm going to do this "8 Things" list for her. It looks kind of interesting, so I'll give it a shot! :)
p.s. It's late; there may be mistakes in this post.
Eight things I'm passionate about...
1. Jesus Christ, his Father, and the Holy Spirit. I owe my life to God, and even though that isn't anywhere near enough for Him, he takes me for who I am anyway!
2. My husband. I love you, John! I hope I can learn to be an awesome wife. I'm a wife, and I know he thinks I'm awesome, but I want to be awesome at being a wife. Does that make sense?
3. My family!!
4. Health, particularly cancer prevention and alternative treatment.
5. Food. Oh mother, food food food. Especially chocolate.
6. Self-improvement, and not in some new-age way.
7. Creating and Design. Both producing and consuming.
8. Competition. Now don't get scared. Please? I just really like games and sports and overall competitiveness. I'm not a sore loser at all. I just want to play a game! But to explain, some people get a little intimidated when they are told that I'm competitive, like they have to put a guard up. I've decided I'd rather just let them find that out on their own...or via this blog.
Eight words/phrases I use most often...
1. I love you.
2. I miss my family... (I usually just say that to myself).
4. I'm tired.
5. I need some more chocolate chips.
6. I want chocolate.
8. I am so tired of this cold!
Eight things I want to do before I die...
1. Live in Germany for a year or two.
2. Start and raise a very healthy, God-loving family.
3. Have at least one book of the Bible memorized, but something longer than Philemon. :)
4. Run a race. I would love to do a triathlon. I would love to LOVE doing a triathlon...oh motivation.
5. Have my own business, write something that would get published on a big scale, or start doing theatre again regularly. One of those things...maybe all of them.
6. Learn at least three foreign languages. I hope to learn more than that, but three is a good, reachable goal.
7. Do a missions trip of some kind.
8. Be completely debt-free (I agree with this one, Jen).
Eight places I want to visit...
6. The West Coast of the US
Eight favorite restaurants...
1. Taki Japanese Steakhouse
2. The Cafe in Ames
3. Hessen House
4. Noodles & Co.
5. La Fuente
6. Chuck's (it's a great Italian place with awesome food and prices that John and I have been to once. I don't have many favorite places to eat anymore considering we haven't been able to really go anywhere too fancy this past year).
7. so that's about...
Eight shows I watch...
1. The Office
3. Project Runway
4. Top Chef
5. Pretty much any reality or instructional cooking show. Pretty much.
6. The music and choreography in Glee. The story line...it's ok.
7. MN Twins, MN Vikes, or the Olympics!
8. March Madness Bball!
Eight people I tag...
You who is not yet named [on this list!]
*It turns out that Jen and I have even more in common than I thought. Well, if she and her hubs hang out over in Cali through the summer, maybe my hubs and I will pay them a visit! Yes, Jen - this was a third-person voiced statement directed toward you! :)