Friday, February 19, 2010

dis- and that, volume #2



and...here we go!


I do really, really like the Olympics.  SO much fun!  Hooray for Evan Lysecek and that chinese couple who won the pairs competition!! :)  No "dis" about that!


Anyways...the real format: 



I dislike Frolic Riesling.  A little too bright or something.  Just doesn't go down very easily; I've had Pinot Grigios that have gone down more easily. 
I do like Barefoot Shiraz.  SO smooth, and great with pizza!  That makes it a winner.



I dislike crappy driving weather.  I'm convinced freezing rain is a product of Satan.  I'm not kidding.
I do like slushy driving weather on a sunny day in February!  Melt, snow drifts, melt! Although no big floods, if you would.



I dislike not having cable.  Food Network...how I miss thee. 
I DO like the fact that we get NBC and I am getting a good dose of these Olympics! Ice dancing! Yay!



If Bob Costas and I were high school classmates, we would have been good buds.  
I just know it. 



:)

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree on the riesling. Well, I'm not much of a riesling fan to begin with, so I'm probably biased. Is there a Trader Joe's near you? They have the best wine, from all over the place, and a lot of it is under $10 a bottle (awesome! I'm not a wine snob by any stretch of the imagination). If I do drink a white, I love Charles Shaw chardonnay and Trader Joe's is the only place that carries it...for $1.99! Yep, you heard me. That's how it got the name "Two Buck Chuck." Some places might charge $2.99 instead of $1.99, but either way it's a smokin' deal for a totally drinkable bottle of wine.

    Okay, off my wine soapbox. Glad you've got a blog too! Also, I had no idea you guys were trying for a bambino! How fun. Well, the bambino, and also the "trying" part. ;] I'll be around! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!