Thursday, December 16, 2010

Talk to me Thursday



For crying out loud,
I'm late again!




And it's late at night, too.  


With all this free time I thought I was going to have 
while living in Newton, 
I sure am (apparently!) too busy to post anything 
in the daylight!


Anyways, here we be:


This week's Talk To Me:
What is your favorite craft project? (tutorials welcome- hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge)





Well, I'll let you know what I've been "crafting" lately,
which isn't really crafting, persay.  
I've been photo-editing like crazy the last several days.


The difference between me and a professional, 
most likely,
is that, by golly, this stuff takes me 
for-
eh-
ver!
It's for our christmas card, which is also 
a letter, which is also
a heads-up to whomever does not know 
about our move to the windy (but realistically, not the windiest) city.


The only hints I can give that don't involve a whole extra post are:
1. Get a good editing program, but
2. If you can't afford the fancy Lightroom or PhotoShop programs (I really need to ask for better bday/xmas gifts), then Gimp is a great free one to use.  
3. MS Paint actually can do a lot of good tricks, too, so don't be afraid to use it. 
and 
4. Always make back-up copies. 


The end!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right... that is a craft! It takes me forever too!! It's a process. I just started using Bridge though so I'm banking on that to save me some time! Hopefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. photoshop online has most of the editing software that you might need! you can upload photos to their website, and work with many of the tools there :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!