Friday, November 8, 2013

Day of Thanks #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Per usual, I am behind.  But you know what - well, here are 5 things to be thankful for:

Number 4: Oberweis Chocolate Milk.  This is effectively melted ice cream and real cocoa (not high fructose corn syrup with chocolate flavoring).  For a woman who can't consume excess alcohol right now, this is basically as good as a solid martini.  Pregnant women, take note.

Number 5:  Sleep.  While I am not the biggest fan of naps, I love a great night's sleep and waking up when my body is ready.  This is tricky during the work week since I'm a night owl, but weekends and an 11:00 start time at church are glorious.

Number 6: Speaking of glorious, Sunday mornings waking up with tons of time to spend with my husband, then going to church and still getting home around 12:30 or 1:00.  Some people may say that half your day is gone by then, but that's if you don't wake up until 10:30 and you have to get to bed by 9:00.  Dang, get up at 8:30 in the morning, make some bacon and eggs, and enjoy the morning sunshine!

Number 7: Wonder.  It's great to just look at the things that are easily taken for granted and realize how incredibly made this wonderful world is, and then realize even more how much there is to explore.

Number 8:  Our home.  I believe that November is national homelessness awareness month, and I'm so thankful that I have a home to rest my head, a head that is sound enough to help maintain our home-ful-ness, and my God that gives such blessings as well as strength to lift those up who need a place to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!