Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days of Thanks - #3

Today I'm going to get really deep with my blog topic.

Today I'm going to talk about what really matters.

Today, I'm telling the world that I am thankful for -

FANTASY FOOTBALL
hereby known throughout he rest of this blog  post as
"Fantasy"
For a good intro to fantasy, click here.

I started playing fantasy at work last year, and it's been fun to talk shop (football) with people again. 
There was a time back in college when I had a whole bevy of friends who would talk football with me, both guys and girls, but that's a LOT harder to come by at seminary. 

On the first night of my Systematic Theology III class (see ST 5103 for details), my professor asked who in the class followed football.  I was one of four people - the other three guys - who raised their hand.  If the class were majority women, I'd probably be one of two, and I say that just for probability's sake.

So, I enjoy fantasy because it allows me to connect with my coworkers in a way that goes beyond the day-to-day business of our jobs. Also, it has gotten my husband to watch football with me with actual interest, mainly because he is excited that I've done better (last season, anyway) than most the guys in my league. 

Well, that's it for today, at least as far as this blog + fantasy is concerned.  Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!