Sunday, March 27, 2011

old habits die hard, and other thoughts.

so as far as my goals for today went, only one was accomplished: 


laundry = done. 



Thanks to my husband, that is.

I initiated none of this laundry-doing, but done it is and happy we are. 


I have some thoughts before I sleep tonight, so here I go:


"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."
Sometimes saying verses in older English just makes them seem more true and steadfast. 
I don't just say that verse for the older English, however;
something I read today got me thinking a LOT, and 
when things don't go our way, no matter HOW unfair and unjust it all seems,
God is still to be praised. 


On a whole other note, 
here's a fact that has been proven twice to me:
Aldi's Quick Bread Coffee Cake is AH-MAY-ZING. 
Super easy, totally semi-homemade, and the crumble on top is BUTTERY! Nom-Nom-NOM!
Mix in some chopped up green apple,
pour yourself a cup of turkish-ish coffee, and 
you are good to go!


Speaking of sweet things, eating any sugar has been throwing me for a
loop-dee-loop 
since I gave it up for Lent. 
It's a lot easier to give it up than to
get back on the sugar train, I've found.  
Conversely, honey doesn't have much of an effect.


House Hunters International is on Hulu.
 ...didn't achieve that get-away-from-Hulu goal today, evidently.


Windows 7 is far superior to Windows XP.  Just saying. 


Real Simple is a great magazine, and it's one that's easy to not 
finish when you work and choose to watch TV at home (i need help, people). 


I don't get Leviticus the way I think Jews back in the B.C. did.  I wish I did.


I have a new best friend, and her name is Rachel, and she is 16 months old,
dances for all of her mom and dad's friends, and 
has a perma-smile on her face! 


Well, I think that's it!  :)  
Sorry this is so "I-I-I."  
I can write about something a little less self-centered tomorrow/this week, 
but I thought it was just important to simply write.  
Thanks for bearing with me!  :) 


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!