Saturday, February 19, 2011

talk to me tuesdays - on saturday - january/february

Talk to Me Tuesday helps keep me writing and
is kind of a dialogue between me and my friend Heidi H.  


And while I'd much rather talk to her (and all my friends!) more often than we do,
this is a good way to keep it going!


Oh, and Heidi - write back on our FB message!  :) 


Question #1: what would be on your "awesome list."

I'm going to do this in 2 minutes.  Anything beyond that will have to be described some other time! 


Awesome list:
God, John, my parents and sister, my in-laws, my family, traveling, Germany, catching up with friends, babies, twins!, art, fashion, pilates, basketball, photography, design, good haircuts, springtime, bright colors, helping others, working, visitors, games!, fishing, reading, blogging, dance!!!!, food food food, wine, chocolate, stars, flowers...and i'm done!






Question #2: What do you do to ward off cabin fever?


Get out of this apartment.  I have my friend Christie across the street, and between dinner with our husbands at her place and tv-nights featuring The Office and The Grammys, hanging out with her has gotten me out of my slump!
Also, reading my bible everyday has really helped.  It's something that's been a challenge for me to do regularly for pretty much ever, and I'm glad God is showing me the benefits of heeding His call.  




Question #3: What's in your purse?  






My blue purse - a Kenneth Cole consignment shop find!
Altoids. 
A comb (brought to an interview earlier this week).
Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm. 
A cloth for cleaning off my glasses (can't WAIT til I can get my contacts...or corrective vision surgery).
One of those claw-hair-clip-things.  I don't know why...
Keys.
Pens.
Little notebooks (SO HANDY - get one!).
My wallet. 
My name tag from Kappa Alpha Theta Founders Day.  


Thankfully Heidi didn't say "what's in any purse you currently use?"  
If it were my pink purse...oi. 
That thing is ready for a war zone. 




Question #4 - Random Act of Kindness - do one!


I haven't yet!  
And I know that being nice to store clerks when some other people aren't probably doesn't count. 




Question #5 - What verse are you leaning on, or what is your go-to-verse?  


Romans 5:1-5.  1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.  


That was a little NIV/NKJV combined there.  The new NIV is gettin' on me nerves...


Also, I've been in the 30's of the Psalms lately.  Lots of stuff about the unfairness of this world and how God really makes everything right in the end.  Very, very awesome.  




And that 
is
all.  


Thanks for reading!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!