Thursday, January 6, 2011

leaving home, again.



It's tough to move.


I learned that in 2002, when I first went to Ames for college.  I had never left my family for more than a week, and there I was, giddy yet scared and sad about being so far away.  


That, 
as well as moving from PI to Ames my sophomore year, 
was the last time I was ever at all happy to leave home.  
I was content, perhaps, 
even accepting, 
but not happy.




While I'm always a little bit excited, 
it's the day before moving and the day of moving that is tough. 


Right now I'm at the day before moving.  
We are getting stuff together like clockwork.  
Having a month to do that 
makes things a little simpler.                                                   
                                                                    - I don't think "simpler" should be a word -

We will be heading to Chicagoland tomorrow at about 6 AM.  
Once we're there, we'll unpack and arrange stuff. 
Once we're done with that, we'll find a church and hopefully find me a job. 

As for now, 
I'm going to finish up our packing with ma' man 
and try to relax for the rest of the day. 




I'm going to miss our current home
(and I'm thankful I can say that, 
because our home is with our in-laws, and I got blessed to have the ones I do), 
I miss my PI,MN home, 
and I miss my Newton, IA home, too. 


At least I know God wants us in Deerfield, 
so I can be content with that!





4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying the move goes well and that you guys get settled soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you. I've been reading through the lines on some of your posts, and don't have any amazing words or feelings to share.
    Just:
    have faith in God, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for the adventure you two have in front of you!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, you three. I miss you all very, very much, even if I haven't seen any of you in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!