Friday, June 17, 2011

summertime movies

My dad and I always used to go to a movie each summer -
just me and him.

Of the ones I remember in particular:

Jurrasic Park
Men in Black
and
Independence Day

Notice a theme?

So tonight I saw Super 8 with da husband, and
it
was
great!!!!

Smooth and comprehensive story development,
clever actor choices and unique yet realistic plot devices,
great use of suspense and humor - 
overall really good!

The only things I didn't like were the
excessive incidental swearing by a couple of the supporting characters
                                  - not totally out of the ordinary for some teens,
                                                                         but altogether unnecessary -
and some of the dialogue between the teenagers was a little too, well...
staged...just not as natural as you would have heard in
a real life conversation.

Overall, the movie was done really well and I'd definitely see it again -

hopefully with my dad.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition with your dad! I LOVE that!!! And I rarely go to movies... I hadn't even heard of Super 8. That probably makes me lame doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, it doesn't make you lame at all! It might be lame if you don't see this movie...no, that wouldn't be lame, but you should still see it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!