Oh how I love the movie "10 Things I Hate About You," where in which the title of this post comes from.
No, this post won't be about conspiring through a mirriad of trickery and love-jousting in order to make some teenage heartthrob fall in head-over-heals for you.
I'm just using it to say "hello" from my little blog break.
It's been a busy few weeks where inspiration to write has not really been perpetual like the flooding here in Des Moines. I feel like we need a monster-sized sponge to soak up excess rainwater and dump it out east.
These last few weeks I did the following:
- got a new job
(to start soon - ask me about it if you want to know more!),
- made some all-right food,
- sweated a ton in the humid IA summer with a bunch of my kids,
- gardened in the humid IA summer and tried to combat mongo-weeds.
- ate ice cream
- inhaled one of the best iced lattes I've ever had
(good espresso, great whole milk, lil' hazelnuss - YUM)
- kept this place kind of clean
(a small...ha! no, a big miracle)
- spent some good time with my hubs
- helped my bro- and sis-in-law move to a pretty ridiculously great place in the country
(these in-laws are having an effect on me and my re-found love for the outdoors)
- celebrated my mom's graduation from Augsburg College with family,
old friends, and some fun Alpha Phi's/ U of M girls
- finally got back to our young-marrieds group at church more than once in a month. summer traveling will keep you from sunday-morning groups, I tell ya.
So that's about all I really wanted to say.
A little "hello" to whoever reads this out there.
I hope all you have a good night a great Tuesday tomorrow.
Here's to hoping that the weekend gets here kind of fast,
and that the rest of your week is definitely a good one!