Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Treats

Did you know I like to make lots of treats for Christmas?

It all started in my senior year of HS - ten years ago to this week, probably -
when Mrs. Arel handed us a packet of recipes full of
candies!

Lots and lots of
candies!

Hard rock candy,
toffee,
fudge,
divinities,
etc. etc. etc.

Just in time for Christmas,
these recipes were exciting for all of us,
and I do believe that this was the food unit
where Mrs. Arel finally deemed us to be "Good Eaters."
2nd period always had that title over us;
I think we were more picky.

Unfortunately, my recipes got lost in our last move. 
I have no idea where they are, and
my best guess would be that they are
decomposed into dirt by now.
Sigh...

So, I've been looking at other recipes this year,
and here's the first one I'm going to try:


Fudge!  (photo from the Eagle Brand website)

I've made this before and have done a lot of different
variations with it.  It's the easiest treat ever, but I will
say that you need to know your stuff when
it comes to cooking chocolate before you go at it.
Let's just say one year my burnt white chocolate chips
miraculously tasted like s'mores.

Anyway, check out the recipe for yourself - it's super easy.
I'm going to change it up a bit and make
dark chocolate-pistachio fudge.  

I'll let you know how it turns out!

More recipe adventures to come. 
Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!