Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cheer up Charlie


  



Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is
hands-down
one of my absolute favorite movies from my childhood.


Heck, it's one of my absolute favorite movies,
period.

Source. And no, the Johnny Depp one doesn't compare.


On a (literal) side note,
there are some parts of this movie that 
kids honestly shouldn't watch;
the messed up trip through the water tunnel 
is one example I can think of.  

If you don't know what I'm talking about 
regarding that, imagine the disturbingly absurd scene 
from this year's Halloween party on 
The Office where Erin showed 
Gabe's "new and hip" creepy movie.

Gabe - they were doing that kind of stuff back in '71.



Anyway,
as I was walking back to work from my lunch break today,
a tune from the movie thankfully popped into my head.
It's been a hard week...
                            well, a hard 3 weeks...
and it probably won't really let up until Thanksgiving at the earliest...
     -makes for a person to not feel so great about themselves.

So when I walked toward the Mansion (my office) with my
head hanging down for reasons other than knowing where my
next steps were leading me, "Cheer Up, Charlie" played in my head.


"Just be glad you're you."
 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!