Saturday, September 18, 2010

romance.

i think the only male reader i have is my husband...

so be prepared to be embarrassed, mister!


not really. :)


just a quick note before i go to bed.


i am thinking as i write, and i want to reflect on something.
it is so, so easy for me to give up on being lovey-dovey.
there are a lot of factors that lead to that, but
nothing is more happy-killing in any circumstance than
bad news.

it can be news from around the world,
news that i hear from a friend or relative,
or "news" i let circulate - or spin - in my head, which consists mostly of lies and
self-disparagement.


so today, in a preemptive move to banish the
self-perpetuating bad news i was about to fall into,
i decided that it was more important to pretty-myself-up (inside and out)
in order to to get myself in a better mood for when i got da hubs from work
than to have completely cleaned the apartment 


i have to say that while i can see things fairly clearly in real life (although
what i see clearly does range from both common-sense matters to abstract concepts),
i definitely have been constantly learning when it comes to this whole marriage thing.


there's always something there to remind me that i don't have
this whole wife thing together,
such as a not-remotely-completely-clean apartment.


but today,
I rediscovered [AGAIN!] that good romance needs effort from my behalf, too
                 (even if it's just a quick shower and putting on a dress).

and that effort?
it counts, and
it's worth it.


i still like it when he brings me flowers*, though! :)





*i'll show you those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! click the "subscribe by e-mail" link to see follow-up replies to your awesome comments. You'll love it!